
I call these buttery-something cupcakes because I'm not really sure what they are. In a crunch (read: I didn't have my cupcake cookbook with me), I looked through Martha's website and found this recipe.
The cupcakes themselves were extra buttery and, although they were dense, they were so tasty. I ate a few without the frosting, even! Speaking of frosting, let me share my nightmare: vanilla buttercream frosting. Sure, it sounds delicious, but don't be fooled. It is the most labor-intensive thing I have ever made. What I should have made is this basic buttercream. The buttercream that I made was very, very airy. It was decent, but did not pair well with the dense cupcakes. I also was trying my hand at piping, so I attempted to pipe the buttercream, but it just came out weird. (Although that was probably due to my poor piping skills...)
So, cupcakes? Delicious. Frosting? Not worth the effort.
No comments:
Post a Comment